Saturday, January 14, 2006

That's Entertainment . . .



I enjoy a good film. Comedy, Romance, Foreign, Drama, Documentary, Period, Musicals, Fantasy, are among my favorite genres.

Queen Latifah’s “Last Holiday” debuted this weekend. I am a fan of Queen Latifah. Her last CD, under her real name, Dana Owens Album, offers Jazz and Pop vocal standards at its best. Now, she can put acting under her belt. Good acting, that is. Remember her in Chicago?



The film caused me to wipe away a few tears and sniffle a bit. A practice often goaded by the film’s story line. Check out the the film's official website at: http://www.lastholidaymovie.com

Not only was “Last Holiday” entertaining, but it also provided a feast for the eyes. Whether it was the beautiful surroundings or the preparation of the banquet, each scene brought forth pleasure. I laughed out loud so much, at one point, I snorted OUT my Coke, uh, Cola, through my nose. Ooh, carbonation hurts. Good thing no one was sitting in front of me. I found myself relating to some of Georgia’s , “possibilities” turning some into “realities”. Yes, I felt very fulfilled, content, and satisfied. Does anyone know if there’s a soundtrack?

The Grandhotel Pupp – pronounced “poop”, of all things, really exists! Makes me want to have another spa day with my awesome sisters. I see a “Girls’ Trip” coming, but perhaps not as far as the Czech Republic.

Go see the movie for yourself. It’s worth the price of the ticket. If you happened to save your “Large” popcorn bag from the last movie you saw, you might even be able to get a “FREE REFILL”. Ander loves the cost savings!




LIFE’S A BANQUET…EAT IT UP!

1 Comments:

Blogger anni said...

This film helped wipe out the fact that we sat through a very bad Woody Allen movie the day before.

It was horrible!

Don't waste your time or curiousity on this one. UGH!

9:17 AM, January 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home