Saturday, July 29, 2006

Make Way for Hay Hay It's Donna Day #4

Bron Marshall is "hostess with the mostest" during the 4th assemblage of the Hay Hay It’s Donna Day food blog event, created by Barbara.

My entry for this event includes both bruschetta and crostini. I addressed ”the difference between the two” here.

"Smoked Sardine with Tuscano Bean Salad"

An enticing recipe that bears repeating is the “Gorgonzola, Caramelized Onion and Fig Jam Crostini”. Enticing enough for my food blogger friend, Kim, to serve at her sister, Julie’s, “29th” (again) birthday party.

"Gorgonzola, Caramelized Onion and Fig Jam Crostini"

For another food blogger event, over at Stephanie’s Passport Blog Party, I squeezed in, at the last minute, a Spanish Tapa of “Boquerones en Pan Tostada”.

Yet, I feel inspired to fashion at least a couple more nibbles for this special event. Fellow foodies know me well enough to expect at least some influence from my study of food and culture from the French Region of Provençe. Therefore, I present the inevitable “Figue and Provençal Tapenade Crostini”.


To complete my repertoire, I impart to you something I am dedicating to my darling hubby, Ander. I’ve shared with you how our garden grows. Without Ander’s hard work and due diligence, we would not have the bountiful harvest each season. In honor of his Estonian roots, I’ve created a “bruschetta” using dark rye bread and other “Estonian” fixings. In my research of Baltic Cuisine, I learned that it is heavily influenced by Swedish, German and Russian cooking. One thing I know for sure, "black bread" and potatoes are always present at the main meal.

"Pickled Herring Rollmops on Black Bread"

Ingredients:

1 jar Pickled Herring in sour-cream base or wine-vinegar base
1 jar Pickled Gherkins or Cornichons
1 jar Cocktail Onions
Sweet Butter, at room temperature
Slices of Dark Rye Bread

Marinated Cucumber-Dill Salad

Method:

Spread Sweet Butter generously on each slice of dark rye bread. To make Rollmops, wrap a herring around gherkin, cornichon, or cocktail onion. Place on top of sliced dark rye bread. Serve with cold cucumber-dill salad.

During Mid-Summer celebration in Scandinavia, this delicious hors d'oeuvre is accompanied with a glass of Aquavit.


This was a fun and rousing event. Thanks, Bron, for bringing it on!



Technorati Tag:

4 Comments:

Blogger p said...

yummm.. im from the east bay, maybe you could drop by my blog and then we could be friends, and then we could see each other and you could have me taste those goodies. yumm..

12:04 AM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger anni said...

Thanks, Bron! I have had difficulty in posting additional photos. I hope to include them as soon as I figure how. Been having challenges with photos. Perhaps size is a factor.

Kuazee - Are you flirting with me? I'm flattered. Good thing my darling hubby doesn't get jealouse, much. LOL!
I'll check out your blog, but we can still be friends.

Thanks for leaving word!

Tootles,
Anni :-)

9:25 AM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your husband is a very lucky guy! Great bruschettas!!!

1:30 PM, July 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those gorgonzola bruschetta sound divine. Thanks for participating Anni.

8:23 PM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home