Sunday, July 30, 2006

Make Way for Hay Hay It's Donna Day #4 - Continued

I've been having difficulty in including some photos with my posts. I wanted to share the visuals that were intended for the previous post.


My friends, for your viewing pleasure, may I present . . .



"Lemon Cucumber-Dill Salad" . . .


"Lemon Cucumber-Dill Salad"

Ingredients:

6-8 small to medium Lemon Cucumbers, semi-peeled and thinly sliced
2 shallots, thinkly sliced
6 teaspoons Sherry Vinegar, such as "La Bodega Vinagre de Jerez"
4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Method:

Combine Vinegars and honey. Whisk together. Pour over Lemon Cucumbers and shallots. Toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Allow to chill and marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.



"Boquerones en Pan Tostada" . . . (Marinated White Anchovies Bruschetta)



"Pickled Herring with Onion" . . .



"Pickled Herring with Cucumbers on Black Bread" . . .



Life is a banquet, my friends. Life is good, the second time around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love black bread!

2:01 AM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger anni said...

Hi, Tanna!

Thanks for coming by and leaving word.
Yup, Black Bread and Potatoes for my hubby's favorite Carbs! LOL! But sometimes he'll have some of my rice.

I visit your blog often. Nice posts!

I look forward to continued exchanges!

Tootles,
Anni :-)

3:06 AM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home